Healthy nails are an ode to your personal style. They reflect one’s poor health and are also a mirror of one’s personal hygiene. They say a lot about you and what kind of person you are! And not to forget, healthy and pink nails are a confidence booster! While many like to paint them in popping hues, it makes it even more necessary to indulge in nail care just like you do for your hair and skin.
Whether it’s the bright colours or subtle shades or you keep your nails bare, your hands play an important role in making your every outfit look put together. Nevertheless, having healthy-looking hands is important. Therefore, this nail care routine is something you should invest a little time in!
Dr. Navnit Haror, Founder and Director of Derma Miracle Clinic, spoke to HealthShots on the importance of nail care before telling us ways to achieve healthy looking stronger nails.
“Healthy nails don’t require an investment to keep them looking good. In order to have beautiful and healthy nails, it is important to follow a simple nail care routine. This includes regularly cleaning and clipping your nails, moisturizing your hands and nails,” says Haror.
Here are some steps of nail care routine you can do individually or together at your home to get healthy, beautiful and shiny nails:
1. A nail soak with milk and rose water
Nail care doesn’t have to be burdensome. Milk is known as one of the best moisturizers in nature and it also contains lactic acid that helps strengthen your cuticles while rose water nourishes both skin cells and hair follicles with its antiviral properties – meaning healthier-looking locks without all those pesky breakouts you get from other products! This nail soak has been designed to help strengthen your nails and make them look healthier than ever before. Rosewater also helps remove any stains from yellowing or browned fingertips that might be causing discoloration on the skin around one’s fingers.
Here’s how you can make this nail soak treatment:
- Simply mix equal parts raw milk along with pure rose water in a big bowl.
- Add a few rose petals too for that fancy feel.
- Make a pourable consistency then soak your fingers or hands into the bowl.
- Keep your nails submerged in this mix for 15 minutes.
Remove and pat dry.
The ingredients in this nail soak are all-natural which help to nourish and hydrate your nails. Not only will this treatment make your nails look better, but it will also help keep them healthy in the long run.
2. A nail massage with malai, glycerine, and vitamin E mix
Dr Haror says, “This nail massage routine is the perfect way to keep your nails looking and feeling their best. Made with malai, glycerine, and vitamin E, this moisturizing mix will hydrate dry skin while also strengthening your brittle nails for longer life!”
Milk cream and glycerine are two important ingredients found in many nail treatments. Nails have been cared for by using this mixture since time immemorial. Dr Haror explained the benefits of ingredients in it individually.
Malai or milk cream has been known for centuries as an ingredient that can ease inflammation in both skin cells and joints due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It’s no wonder why so many people are turning to home remedies to make their nails beautiful with these rich nutrients! Malai offer protection from dryness while also helping promote healthy-looking cuticles; they’re moisturizing without feeling greasy thanks to calcium salts present within its composition.
Glycerine is often used in nail care as a moisturizer and it can also be mixed with malai to give you healthy and beautiful nails. The benefit of this ingredient lies within its ability to stimulate the production or growth of cells, which helps nails become stronger by pushing off any brittle outer layers; while preventing further damage caused by the exposure to harsh soap, water or weather.
* Vitamin E
Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant that has been proven effective against various oxidative stressors such as free radicals and environmental toxins. Overtime, these toxins can cause skin ageing and problems like dullness or uneven texture of your complexion due to oxidation.
How to do a nail massage
- Take a small bowl, add 1 tsp of all the ingredients like malai, glycerine and Vitamin E.
- If you can’t bear the smell of malai, add 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil like mandarin orange or lavender.
- Gently massage the mix on your hands in round circular motions.
- Pay attention to your nail cuticles.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
Wash it off using lukewarm water.
3. Nail care with coffee scrub
It’s easy to keep your nails looking great, but if you don’t take care of them properly then they could grow too long and start poking out from under their top layer and chip often. This is where coffee scrub comes in! It has natural ingredients that help remove any dirt or debris on the surface while also conditioning the skin underneath so there are no more calluses for sure. Apply this treatment every single week to get healthy and shiny and pink nails.
Here’s how to make this coffee scrub for nails and hands:
- Take 1 tsp of coffee grounds in a bowl.
- Mix a tsp of cold pressed coconut oil to it.
- Add a tsp of honey for added moisturisation.
- Massage this scrub on damp hands.
- Focus on your cuticles and finger nodes while doing it.
- Wash it off using lukewarm water.
- Top it off with your favorite hand cream.Avoid using water on your hands for some time. It is best to do this at night right before dozing off to sleep.We hope that you have found this nail care routine helpful and that it has inspired you to try it out at home. A healthy set of nails is not only aesthetically pleasing, but can also be a sign of good health. Have fun with your new nail care routine and don’t forget to flaunt those strong and pink nails.