There is no doubt that our feet are the most ignored part of our bodies. Poor thing! Neither do we moisturize them nor do we go for that pedicure regularly. Plus, during the winter season, we hardly pay any heed to the temperature of the water. Result – cracked heels.
Cracked heels are a sign that your body is dehydrated and that they are losing their moisture. Your case can worsen, if the cracks turn damp and start to bleed. And what we are going to tell you is sure to shock you out of your wits!
Here’s why you get cracked heels
- Cold and dry weather
- Taking long hot water bath/showers
- Not scrubbing your feet properly
- Using a dry soap
- Not moisturizing feet regularly
Also, it can be a sign of diabetes. It has been found that in diabetics, uncontrolled blood sugar levels can cause nerve damage in the feet. Hence, cracked heels.
Obese people majorly suffer from cracked heels. That’s because the pressure on your heels is immense. On top of that, if your skin is dry, it is bound to crack.
Try this DIY remedy to repair cracked heels
You will need:
1 tbsp lemon and orange peel powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp lemon, orange, and sweet lime juice
1 tbsp sugar
Mix them all in a bowl. Remember that you don’t have to dissolve the sugar. Keep the granules intact, so that you can scrub that dead skin off.
Steps to use it:
Step 1: Firstly, clean your feet properly and dry them with a clean towel.
Step 2: Apply this scrub on your cracked heels and gently scrub it. Don’t be too harsh on your skin.
Step 3: Keep the scrub on for 4-5 minutes. Now, use a pumice stone and rub gently.
Step 4: Now, rinse your feet with normal water. Dry them, apply a very light moisturizer, and wear socks.
You can try this home remedy twice a week, and within a month, you will notice your heels recover.
Just remember, if you see any kind of bleeding or experience irritation around your heels, stop using this right away and rinse the scrub off.
Here’s how this heel repairing scrub helps
- Scrubbing with sugar helps in the removal of dead skin.
- This scrub is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C, which means your skin cells will repair, and if there is any kind of blemish or darkening, this scrub can tackle that too.
- Coconut oil will keep your heels hydrated and will cure dryness. Also, it will make your heels soft and supple.
- As all these things are natural, there are hardly any chances of side effects or any kind of allergy. So, all in all, it’s a complete win-win.Ladies, your feet, too, deserve some TLC, so don’t give them a blind eye.